Speeder bike for Real?

Thursday, June 9, 2011



  I don't know about you, but I went nuts over the speeder bike when I saw "Return of the Jedi" I wished there are such speedy cool hovering bikes for me to ride. I guess I was not the only one, a mechanical designer in Australia, Chris Malloy has been working on a hover bike quite some time after he gets off of work. His hover bike, which will be tested in a few month, houses a 1170 cc 4-stroke engine delivering 80 kW driving two ducted propellers and possess the ability to reach an estimated height of more than 10,000 feet and reach an indicated airspeed of 150 knots (278 km/h or 173 mph).
It is still in the process of development, and Malloy loves to hear from other engineers with experience in computational fluid dynamics willing to volunteer their expertise to help model changes in the design and cut down on the amount of empirical testing. Anyone interested can contact Malloy via the Hoverbike website.


Via: Gizmag

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Raimu Keparat All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Raimu Keparat | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.