Frank Zappa: Inca Roads

Tuesday, December 21, 2010



Very first album i ever had.I was young pre-teen when our nieghbor Ruthie gave me this album say'n...
"you'll probably dig this." she was right.

My dad asked me that year what i would like fer x-mas. " A STEREO !! " i said.
so fer x-mas He gave me a old,grey,very used low-fi portable record player. It was no where near cool, but better than the jerry rigged automotive 8-track player i found at the salvage. at least the record player had matchin' speaker's. i had four 8-track tapes i played non-stop( just left it run'n,with the KER-CHUNK PLUNK! when switch'n tracks)
Foghat live-Jethro Tull aqualung-Deep Purple live in Japan-and finally Black Sabbath paranoid.I would relax and draw fer hours at my draft'n table late into the night,especially in the winter time( to cold to hang out in the garage).Late one night just prior to x-mas, dad burst into my room, yanked my Black Sabbath tape outa the player,opens my window, and chucks the tape into the middle of the street,mumble'n sumthin along the lines of "enuff this noisy shit"," same shit over an over" " keep that shit turned down"etc.etc.He must of kinda felt bad an got me the crappy record player to make up for shut'n down the 8-track action.but I had no records to play.
Ruthie was a kind hearted hippy gal who rented the house next door.she took pity an gave me records out of her awesome collection.God bless Ruthie.later that morn'n after all the x-mas fun in the big house was over,i walked over to my buddy jimmy's house. His folk's got him a complete, state of the art panasonic stereo system with massive speakers, and a complete set of "Chicago"( he asked for "Boston"),cheap trick,steve martin and david bowie records. I was jealous and depressed.When i got home i set up my old, cheapo, record player and put on "one size fits all" the one Ruthie said i would dig.I still have that album,it's one of my favorites.
thanks Ruthie.
'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Raimu Keparat All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Raimu Keparat | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.