Akira Kurosawa

Tuesday, March 23, 2010


Akira Kurosawa is one of my favorite movie directors. Today is his 100th birthday. Well he has been dead for over a decade now, though.... His most famous movies are always collaboration with the actor, Toshiro Mifune - "Seven Samurai", "Yojimbo", "Rashomon" to name a few. Whenever I see his movies like "Throne of Blood", "Rashomon", I am glad that I am single. If I get terminal cancer, I am sure I will watch "Ikiru" again. A lot of his movies has been remade in Japan just like Hollywood has been doing to classic movies. I can't say those are as good as originals.
TCM has been playing his movies this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Raimu Keparat All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Raimu Keparat | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.