Manx Norton

Thursday, October 14, 2010


Norton Manx was developed to win Isle of Man TT by Norton racing team engineer Joe Craig. And described as one of the most effective racing motorcycles of all time. It was produced from1946 to 53 with long stroke and till 63 with short stroke.

The most notable part of this bike was the frame which was developed in 1950, called Featherbed frame , giving the Manx a significant competitive advantage through a low center of gravity and short wheelbase that was perfectly suited the challenging island TT course. The all-welded, tubular featherbed frame was light and trim, without the usual forgings that added unnecessary weight. The bike's top speed was 150mph and cranked 50bhp @ 7,200 rpm.



While I was in school, I was making bikes out of clay and one of my class mates asked me to make him a piece with Norton Manx, which was his favorite bike of all the time. So, I sculpted him like he was braking down cyborg and sculpted the bike nice and neat, put the title,"Beautiful Machine Lives Forever" Like the bike is gonna outlast him. I put a lot of time to the piece and after the semester was over( I was graded on it) , I gave that to him with the cost. The scale is about 1/12, glazes on bike and acrylic paint on the figure and the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Raimu Keparat All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Raimu Keparat | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.