World's Fastest Mobility Scooter

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A plumber from Lincolnshire, UK, Colin Furze spent nearly three months and £400 converting the mobility scooter, adding 1997 CR125cc motocross bike engine,which was hidden under the seat, modifying the frame, and five gears and twin exhausts.

"The scooter was a bit twitchy when I was going at a high speed and it was quite uncontrollable but I managed not to crash."

He applied to Guinness to set the record and was told his scooter would have to travel at least 61.4mph and still look like a commercial mobility scooter.

"I was told I could modify the engine but I wasn't allowed to change the appearance in any way so I couldn't give it bigger wheels or make it more stable.

"I initially tried experimenting with battery power but I only got to about 30mph and the batteries died really quickly so I knew then it would have to be petrol powered."

"I was worried it would be a real death trap to drive but it's not too bad when you get used to it."

The clocked the speed of 71.59mph at the Santa Pod Raceway, which will put him on a book of Guinness.

Via: Telegraph.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Raimu Keparat All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Raimu Keparat | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.