Eye Glasses

Wednesday, July 14, 2010


I am near-sighted and have slight astigmatism. I have to wear eye glasses when I ride. Well, I can ride without them if I want to, but I will not be able to read street signs and such.

Needing to wear eye glasses gets annoying sometimes especially in extreme weather. They like to be fogged up; make me temporary blind. They are not that great eye protection when you go fast on a bike, either. Especially those tiny lenses...The wind tickles your eyeballs and make them teary, taking away your ability to see. If you have those big glasses like in the 70's, probably works fine, but needs to be safety glasses strength. You might suggest contact lenses, but I am an old fashion guy who hates to put any foreign objects into my body, so I will not use contact lenses. Besides I am too lazy to take care of those tiny lenses that I am likely to lose... The problem with eye glasses for me was them being expensive. I have ruined my glasses many times due to the work I was involved with. Paying over 100 buck for eye exam and glasses really hurts my wallet each time I screw up. Here is a solution for people like me. Zenni Optical. It is a company that sells eye glasses on-line and the cheapest start from 8 bucks a pair. Is it for just frame? No sir, it is a complete pair of glasses starting from 8 bucks. Well, shipping would cost you more than 8 bucks needless to say, but sure beats paying 100 bucks or so per pair, you know? And shipping is only 5 bucks regardless of numbers of pair you order. How about that?

In order to purchase from them, you have to know your prescription of course. I recommend to see your eye doctor and tell him/her that you are gonna order a pair on-line, fill out the necessary forms including pupillary distance and such. The site will explain what they need from you. I suggest measuring your exiting glasses for lens sizes, temple length and bridge for reference.

The company will be shipping your glasses in a week or so from Hong Kong. I don't recommend ordering them in January/February since it is time for Chinese New Year... It will take a lot longer than normal during that time since they apparently love to party like frat boys. Also do not get clip-on-shades to go with your glasses; they are junk.

I got a few pairs from them and I don't mind losing them or ruining them by accident. I will just get more from them. I can leave spare pair at the garage. That one should be the one just like Mickey Rooney was wearing in "Breakfast at Tiffany's "

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 2011-2012 Raimu Keparat All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by Raimu Keparat | Published by Bloggers Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.